Learning Chef Series
- Part 1 - Introduce the project, configure workstation, and register a node with hosted Chef
- Part 2 - Download cookbooks from the community site, add MongoDB, Apache, and Passenger to our node
- Part 3 - Start writing a cookbook to deploy our application
- Part 4 - Finish the application deploy, introduce roles
- Part 5 - Multi-node Vagrant
- Part 6
Part 4 of our Learning Chef tutorial was run as a Google+ Hangout that was streamed to YouTube.
In Part 4, we completed the application deploy and then looked at roles.
I’ll update this post soon with a breakdown of each step we took during this session. In the meantime, you can watch the entire video below.
Also, you can grab the code from the following repositories on github:
In Learning Chef - Part 5 we will move the MongoDB to it’s own VM.